The entire Beacon Dental Group team is excited to resume both emergency and elective treatments again and fulfill your oral health needs. We are scheduling appointments now.
Our Doors Are Open For Our Community
We are now scheduling appointments. If you need dental care, our team is here for you.
If you cannot visit the office, we are offering online video consultations for you to be evaluated by a specialist.
Committed to Keeping You Safe
We are taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff while our office remains open.
Our Commitment to Health & Safety
As always, our practice takes every precaution to keep patients and staff safe and healthy. While we have always adhered to and exceeded the standards for decontamination set by OSHA, we are going one step further and incorporating the latest CDC guidelines.
The Measures We Are Taking To Protect Our Patients
We ask you to keep the following in mind prior to and during your appointment:
- Health history and patient information updates will be sent to you electronically before your scheduled appointment. Call us so we can help you in case of any difficulties. You may also arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment for personal assistance with the forms.
- We will be asking screening questions when confirming your appointments on the telephone. These questions will have to be repeated on the day of your visit.
- We have a hand sanitizer station outside the entrance. We ask that you use it prior to entering the office. You will also find additional hand sanitizers throughout the office for your convenience.
- We will be taking your temperature when you arrive at our office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, and tea since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. If you would like any refreshments, please let us know and we will be happy provide it.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. We ask that you be punctual and arrive a few minutes before your appointment.
- After your check-in, we may ask you to wait in your car, especially if there are other patients in the reception area. When we are ready for you, we will text or call you.
- We will not be allowing guests in the treatment rooms or the reception area.
- Upon entry to a treatment room, we will ask you to remove your mask and personal items and place it in a Ziplock bag. We will be happy to provide you with a complimentary bag should you not have one.
- Your appointment begins with a pre-procedural antimicrobial mouth rinse. We will also ask that you wash your hands with soap and water, and dry them thoroughly before taking a seat in the dental chair.
- Upon completion of the dental treatment, please wash your hands again or use the hand sanitizer before leaving the treatment room.
- As we approach the warmer summer months, the air conditioning will be on at the office. We ask that you bring additional clothing items for your comfort.
How We Are Protecting the Safety of Our Staff & Doctors
We are taking additional steps toward ensuring the safety of our staff.
- Our team is actively utilizing all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as recommended by OSHA, the CDC, CDA, and ADA. This includes use of gowns, head caps, face shields, KN95 masks double masked with a surgical mask, sterile gloves, and booties. Disposable PPE, such as gowns, masks, and gloves, will be changed between each patient.
- Above and beyond those recommendations, we will also be installing the Isolight suctioning device, utilizing HEPA air filters, and installing screen guards in our waiting area.
- All team members will be screened each day before they enter the office and will practice safe social distancing to minimize interactions with one another.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PATIENTS: If you or someone in your household have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and don’t come to the practice. Anyone with a cough or fever (over 38°C or 100.4°F) must stay home. We ask that you obtain clearance from your primary care doctor prior to your visit if you have had any of these symptoms.
At Beacon Dental Group, we appreciate the ongoing support from our patients, referring providers, families, and friends. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these measures are put into effect.
For questions or clarification about these measures, please contact us at (559) 432-8100.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Call our office to schedule an appointment for any procedure.